Welcome Dayspring Montessori House of Children
Montessori Education is the education system developed by the Educator at ourMontessori for the kids between the age group of 2.5 and 6 years. This approach provides complete independence and freedom of expression to the kids within the framework of the defined syllabus. The Montessori approach has been accepted worldwide including the schools in India.
“Our care of the child should be governed, not by the desire to make him learn things, but by the endeavor always to keep burning within him that light which is called intelligence.”
“Only through freedom and environmental experience is it practically possible for human development to occur.”
Dayspring Montessori House of Children focuses on many aspects of learning that provide a comprehensive academic and stimulating environment for the child’s development at the pre-primary level.
- Everyday Life Skills – Courtesy and Manners
- Problem solving - Logical, Cognitive, Numeracy
- Verbal expression - Communication, Language and Literacy, Grammar
- Physical Skills – Gross motor, Fine motor skills
- Creative development – Role plays, Visual art, Music and Dance
- Cultural development – Social and Emotional skills, Being Independent
- Sensorial skills – Aspects of Five senses
Five Montessori Concepts
They are organized in three main areas:
- Care of the person: Dressing frames like buttoning, zipping, lacing etc.
- Care of the environment: Taking care of pets and plants, Flower arranging etc.
- Grace and Courtesy: How to greet others, manners, how to interrupt others etc.
Some of the activities to enhance:
- Visual Sense: Pink Tower, Brown Stairs, Constructive triangles, Colour tablets etc.
- Tactile Sense: Touch tablets, Fabric box, Thermic tablets
- Auditory Sense: Sound cylinders
- Stereognostic Sense: Blindfolded/Mystery bags
- Olfactory Sense: Smelling cylinders
The activities are organized into five groups:
- Group one: Introduction to Sets of one through ten – Number rods, Cards and counters
- Group two: Decimal system – Golden bead material
- Group three: Linear counting – Associating symbol with quantity – Short and long chains
- Group Four: Addition/Subtraction/Multiplication/Division operations – Golden bead and Stamp Game
- Group Five: Memorization of Facts/Fractions – Strip board, Snake games
Precise names are used for all objects. Vocabulary classification and matching exercises develop visual perception, enrich vocabulary development and develop left to right movement.
Some of the individual activities include Sand paper Letter, Movable Alphabets, Phonemic awareness.
Circle time, Storytelling, Special Reading day are some of the group activities for Language development.
We felt that having knowledge and understanding of such subjects is what makes one a “cultured “person.
To inspire and nurture the child’s absorbent mind to become a good and smart Samaritan and be a potential light of the human race. We strongly believe that sound foundation of education along with values is essential in the formative years to have a good citizen of future.
To make use of technology in the right way and to create a world peace through education and to nurture values, courtesy and manners in shaping up the future leaders in the service of the country and thereby to the humanity.
Dayspring Montessori House of Children is a culturally diverse community of lifelong learners, offering a strong academic curriculum based on the Montessori Philosophy fostering self-esteem, independence, empathy and social consciousness.